A couple weeks ago I received a daily devotional from Rick Warren in his Daily Hope teachings.
It was about goals. And not just making up goals, but setting goals up in Faith.
Rick Warren says, “You exercise faith by setting goals. You set a goal when you say, ‘God, I believe you’re telling me that you want me to accomplish this by a particular date. It’s really going to stretch me to do it, but I believe this is what I need to do.’”
“According to your faith will it be done to you.” -Matthew 9:29
So, what are goals set in FAITH?
- Focused: It’s specific, something you can measure.
- Attainable: It’s possible and practical. If you set an unrealistic goal, you won’t accomplish it.
- Individual: It’s personal. You can’t set goals for other people. You have ownership over your own goals, not someone else’s.
- Trackable: Your goal needs a deadline on it. Without a date on it, it’s not a goal.
- Heartfelt: Never set a goal you’re not passionate about, because you will never accomplish it without the desire to do so.
I just love it!
If you have dreams, then set make them GOALS in FAITH and let God do wonders with your life!
“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it?” -Luke 14:28
Keep spreading the Word!
*You can get Daily Hope devotionals with Rick Warren delivered to your email box everyday by visiting www.RickWarren.org*